The BAI Summer School on Data Science
The Business Analytics Institute, together with the ZHAW Datalab of Zurich University of Applied Sciences, will once again be offering a 10-day summer school in Bayonne, France on the practice of data science designed for working professionals, as well as upper class and graduate students.
Our professors and experts will help management and engineering students as well as working professionals focus on the managerial implications of current innovations of Data Science in Health Analytics, Smart Cities, and Logistics.
Each course will be facilitated by an industry-recognized expert in their field. Company visits and professional speakers from the industry leaders and makers will highlight this session.
Set along the beaches and villages of the Basque Coast, the sessions offer perfect settings to give your career a boost!
- The Summer Session will focus on the Practice of Data Science using examples from the Life Sciences, Smart Cities and Logistics
- The session is open to upper class and graduate management and engineering students, as well as working professionals aiming to develop their practical knowledge and skills in Data Science
- This summer’s international faculty will be composed of Profs. Sieber, Cielen, Stockinger, and Schlenker. Course syllabi are available on request.
- Company speakers and/or visits are planned with Semdee, Sophia Genetics, the cities of Lyon or Dubai, and Lufthansa.
- Our cultural visits will include San Sebastien, Biarritz, and Laàs, as well as a Basque cooking class, surfing lessons, and an introduction to Pelota
- The practicums will be run using Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, ProM, Semdee and Spark
- The basic fees for the session are 1195 euros for the class fees, 250 euros for social budget, and 200 euros for student housing.