Meeting the needs of hundreds of enthusiastic learners from around the world each year, our Language and Culture Open Programs form the cornerstone of all the programming offered by the International Training Centre. Consequently, we’ve been able to broaden our program options to include 4 hands-on workshops that enable students to develop and expand their intercultural communications skills.
In addition, students can now boost their learning opportunities by choosing from a series of very practical and relevant electives. A full array of carefully selected cultural and recreational activities are woven into each program, and ample time is reserved for level- appropriate English language classroom instruction. The result is a highly motivating and dynamic programming that will leave you with increased cultural knowledge, greater language proficiency, and a more informed world view.
What you will gain:
- Improved presentation skills
- Intercultural communications training
- Opportunities to practice English in real life situations
- Lifelong friendships with students from around the world
What is included?
- Homestay accommodations (meals included)
- Pick-up and drop-off at Kamloops Airport
- Orientation to TRU’s campus and the city of Kamloops
- Free wifi on campus
- Support of instructors in the classroom and during activities
- Costs of all scheduled cultural and recreational activities
- Support from our International Student Advisors