The globalization of business has brought about a demand for leader and managers who are able to accomplish their objectives by working effectively outside the boundaries of nation, function, profession, and organization, and as well as their cultural and ethnic reference groups.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- To consider the importance of intercultural communication
- To learn to think across cultural differences
- To be aware of issues and challenges involved in global business
- Skills, expertise and work required toward personnal and professional growth
- Negotiation across different cultures
- Emphasise on the opportunities of doing business with different cultures
Introduction to the global business environment and cross cultural management; Developing your Soft Skills for Today and Tomorrow in a Global World; Understanding cultural differences; The importance of communication in negotiation across boundaries; Doing business in the Middle East, Latin America, Asia, Europe, Africa, and North America; How to succeed working overseas: Building great leaders; Business case studies: The international sucess of McDonald’s Corporation, the «Starbucks» revolution, the failure of Wal-Mart in Germany, etc.