Entrepreneurship can contribute to solving the big challenges of our time. Important challenges such as affordable and clean energy, sustainable cities and communities, and responsible consumption and production may benefit from entrepreneurs starting initiatives that tackle these issues.
In this intensive 8-day summer school, we will study entrepreneurship from a wide variety of perspectives. By bringing together students from several countries and cultural backgrounds, different study programs and educational levels (BSc, MSc, and PhD) to work together in interdisciplinary multilevel groups to explore research on entrepreneurship. This summer school is research oriented. This means, you will study contemporary entrepreneurship research, theories, methods and results of research but also reflect on how these results can be translated into applied settings. Some of the aspects we will focus on, are:
- How do individual differences contribute to explain entrepreneurial activity?
- How does entrepreneurship work among different regions and nations?
- How do new ventures decide to internationalize?
- How do organizations foster entrepreneurship?
- How do specific contexts (e.g., high-tech, social entrepreneurship, energy, medicine) influence the entrepreneurial process?
- Which methods of research are used in entrepreneurship research?
- How to conduct process research in entrepreneurship?
- How to conduct (policy) evaluation research in this field?
- How to conduct experiments in entrepreneurship research?