Supply Chain Management in Global Business: making an impact
How to keep supply chains running smoothly in a ‘bumpy’ global environment?
If you live in Northern Europe and have eaten an avocado recently, you have benefited from a supply chain! Supply chains play a crucial role in connecting markets and economies on a global scale; that is of course a great virtue. But there’s great vulnerability at work too: think about the impact of natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and strikes on the movement of goods and people.
The various SCM topics covered in this course designed around three vital parts of supply chains: purchasing, production, and distribution. In addition, specific attention is paid to relevant international dimensions in globalizing supply chains.
In this 1-week course you will quickly understand the mechanisms used to safeguard 'smooth' flows in global supply chains.The course offers you a stimulating mix of plenary classes, small group work sessions, and company visits.
After following the SCM course students should:
- Have acquired an overview of leading SCM concepts and models in the context of a globalizing economy;
- Be able to assess the value and impact of contemporary SCM on a company’s competiveness;
- Be able to apply relevant SCM knowledge in business cases and/or assignments;
- Have observed and experienced SCM processes at work via company visits.
8 Jul 2019 - 12 Jul 2019
|level||Bachelor / Undergraduate|
|Program fee||500 EUR|
|Accommodation fee||300 EUR|
|Extra information about the
- 10% early bird discount when registering before April 22nd, 2019
- 10% discount for students from partner universities*
*Combining discounts is not possible.
* Housing fee is not included
|Application deadline||31 May 2019|
- English proficiency is required.
If you have specific questions, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org