GIS & Earth Observation: The Essential Perspective for Projects
The course will cover the fundamental aspects of land spatial modelling and combine aspects of Geographic information systems and remote observation simultaneously, with the support of an integral and intuitive software-free package.
TOPICS ON GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS)
- Gentle introduction to Geographic Information Systems: Modelling Earth reality
- Representing reality: GIS and Data types.
- Placing things on Earth: Coordinate systems and georeferencing
- Managing and storing information
- Databases and DMS Simple tabular information
- Spatial and non-spatial data entry and manipulation
- Spatial analysis with forms and images (vectors and rasters)
- Data visualization and a glance to the interpolation functions
TOPICS ON REMOTE SENSING
- A glance to the Remote Sensing system: evolution and perspectives.
- The physical foundation of Remote Sensing: the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Image interpretation: image bands, color coding and spectral reflectance relations
- Image analysis, calibration, calculus and outputs.
- Field Ground true data collection with mobile devices and Digital image classification.
11 Aug 2019 - 11 Aug 2019
Bachelor / Undergraduate
Master / Graduate
|Program fee||750 EUR|
|Extra information about the
The fee varies from 675 euros (early bird) to 875 euros including a tent to sleep in.
|Application deadline||9 August 2019|