Cultural Diversity: theory and practice
What can cross-cultural psychology tell you about your own cultural assumptions? Are you able to understand the unique challenges and benefits of living in a multicultural society? Are your professional or academic goals aimed at working successfully in international businesses, or in multicultural teams?
In this unique 2-week program you and a group of internationally-oriented students will examine cultural diversity from a psychological perspective, which includes theoretical insights as well as hands-on experiences (games and presentations). The course culminates with your conducting an interview with someone of another culture, and writing a scientific report based on your findings.
During this immersive two-week course you will:
- Acquire an overview of the current leading perspectives on cross-cultural similarities and differences, acculturation, and intercultural communication;
- Assess and apply strategies useful for intercultural interaction in business and negotiations, and for effective intercultural communication;
- Conduct a small-scale qualitative, culturally informed, psychological study on a topic of your choice;
- Understand how methodological pitfalls and cognitive biases are relevant for cross-cultural interactions and intercultural communication in the multicultural workplace and other settings.
8 Jul 2019 - 19 Jul 2019
Bachelor / Undergraduate
Master / Graduate
|Program fee||1,000 EUR|
|Accommodation fee||300 EUR|
|Extra information about the
- 10% early bird discount when registering before April 22nd, 2019
- 10% discount for students from partner universities*
- Course materials are not included in the course fee.
*Combining discounts is not possible.
* Housing fee is not included
|Application deadline||31 May 2019|
Applications must contain a CV and a motivation letter. The acceptance will be based on both CV and motivation letter.
- English proficiency (spoken and written) is required.
If you have specific questions, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org