Also known as Holland, the Netherlands is located in the North-West of Europe. There are 13 research universities and 36 public universities of applied sciences (in Dutch called hogescholen), which focus more on professional education.
The country is known for its high quality of education and is the home of many international students. In 2018 122 thousand international students were studying here.
On average, over 10% of all enrolled students are international. The fact that 90% of the population speaks English makes it really easy to communicate with the locals.
In the Netherlands a ten-point system is used. A grade of 10 is the highest while a 1 is the lowest. The minimum grade to pass is 5.5.
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Leiden University
- Maastricht University
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- University of Amsterdam
- University of Groningen
- University of Twente
- Utrecht Summer School
- Utrecht University
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Wageningen University and Research